Arsenal kann sich nicht mit Chelsea o. ManU messen

Savio

let 'em come
Jose Mourinho claimed Arsenal's squad is too thin to compete with his Chelsea team and Manchester United.

Mourinho fired the first shot in the countdown to crucial Premiership clashes with the two major contenders.

The Chelsea boss said: "Arsenal have a great group of players in their first team, but after that they have young people. Talented but very young.

"Only Manchester United have a squad like ours, two mature players for every position," claimed Mourinho.

Chelsea and Manchester United both fielded second-string teams in their Carling Cup quarter-finals to set up a titanic semi-final clash.

Mourinho rang the changes in his side to beat Fulham, while Man Utd saw off Arsenal's youngsters at Old Trafford.

The Chelsea boss said: "Of course everyone saw Arsenal's second string win well at Manchester City but they are still young.

"The big teams in Europe like Milan, Juventus and Inter Milan all have experienced players in reserve.

"There are only two teams in England with that strength, us and United.

"I said when I started here that I wanted to have two players in every position and I have that, players who can come in change the game.

"It means I can rest Paulo Ferreira and play Glen Johnson, rest Frank Lampard and play Scott Parker.

"They all have quality and ambition and it's important for all the players to feel I can trust them."

Mourinho paid tribute to goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini who came in for Petr Cech against Fulham.

Chelsea's competition for the goalkeeping spot is in contrast to Arsenal where the erratic Jens Lehmann's understudy is the untried Manuel Almunia.

Mourinho said: "Petr is playing great in the Premiership but Carlo's showing he's a great goalkeeper too.

"Goalkeeper is a difficult position as I don't change it during the game. When a keeper is on the bench, he's always on the bench.

"These are matches where a goalkeeper can make a mistake and you are out of the competition.

"I think the Carling Cup is an important trophy for a club without titles, and it would be great if we could reach the final."

Arsenal will have to look to youngsters like Cesc Fabregas and Mathieu Flamini as they will be without suspended skipper Patrick Vieira and injured Brazilian pair Edu and Gilberto Silva for their Champions League game against Rosenborg next week.

BBC

Was den Kader betrifft muss ich ihm recht geben. Trotzdem wäre es interessant zu wissen, was Mourinho noch vor vier Wochen an dieser Stelle gesagt hätte.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassekicker

Arsenal ist trotz der momentanen "Krise" stärker einzuschätzen als Man United, und ich freu mich schon auf die erste Krise bei Chelsea, ich hasse den Club und Mourinho abgrundtief! Chelski steht für alles was im Fussball schlecht ist....

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

WELCOME BACK, RUUD!

Mourinho schießt sich immer mehr auf Arsenal ein, das war nicht seine erste Schelte. Nur ist das Schwachsinn ... Arsenal hat letzte Saison mit der fast gleichen Mannschaft keine einzige Niederlage erlitten, das ist trotz der Aufrüstung von Chelsea und Manchester United wohl Argument genug gegen die Aussage Mourinhos.

bearbeitet von ans

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Posting-Pate

Finde nicht, dass er da so unrecht hat. Arsenals Stammelf kann problemlos mit der von Chelsea und ManU mithalten, aber ein Ausfall oder eine schlechte Form von mehreren Schlüsselspieler kann Arsenal über zu spüren bekommen.

Im Vorjahr hatte Arsenal das Glück vom Verletzungspech so ziemlich verschont zu bleiben, und das kurze Formtief im November/Dezember blieb ziemlich ohne Folgen, aber so wird’s vermutlich keine 2. Saison aussehen.

Desweiteren hat man gerade diesen Sommer bei Arsenals 2. Garde gewaltigst ausgemistet oder vermutlich aus finanzieller Sicht ausmisten müssen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag