Italien - Island

Djet

Parma nel cuore!

Am Samstag wird Marcello Lippi seinen ersten Kader nominieren.

Währenddessen wurde das Stadio Ennio Tardini in Parma zum Schauplatz für das WM-Quali-Spiel gegen Weißrussland ausgewählt. Es ist meines Wissens nach das erste Länderspiel im Tardini :love:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

fino alla fine

Toni to receive Azzurri call Friday 13 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luca Toni and Simone Barone will be among the new faces in Marcello Lippi’s first official match against Iceland.

Palermo striker Toni was far and away the most prolific player in Serie B last season, notching up a record-breaking 30 goals on their way to promotion.

Now he is set to receive his maiden international call-up before re-entering the top flight with the Rosanero, as Lippi has already contacted Toni and Barone.

“It is just fantastic,” said the 27-year-old hitman. “I need a little time to get this all round my head, but in any case I must wait for the call to be made official.”

The tall and powerful centre-forward is considered to be, along with Parma’s Alberto Gilardino, the heir to Christian Vieri in the Italy squad and this will be his first senior international cap.

“I played with the Serie C international team and one of the youth squads, but this is a whole different ball game. I won’t use this as revenge against any of my doubters,” assured the former Brescia man, “but rather as the right reward for someone who never gave in, especially when I suffered that career-threatening knee injury.”

When asked what he would do with his first Azzurri jersey Toni joked, “I’ll have it tattooed onto my body.”

Parma midfielder Simone Barone has already earned his first cap under Giovanni Trapattoni’s reign, debuting in the 2-2 draw with the Czech Republic on Feb 18.

Lippi will release the full squad list for Wednesday's friendly against Iceland tomorrow afternoon.

channel4.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Parma nel cuore!

War ja klar dass Barone ins Team kommt sobald er nicht mehr bei Parma spielt. Gila wird wohl nicht dabei sein, ich rechne aber damit dass Lippi in Zukunft schon mit ihm plant. Sonst wird Parma eher keine ital. Teamspieler haben, evtl. Bonera und Marchionni dürften sich Hoffnungen machen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

fino alla fine

Lippi calls three new faces Saturday 14 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are three new faces in Marcello Lippi’s first Italy squad – Manuele Blasi, Luca Toni and Francesco Flachi – but Alex Del Piero is dropped.

There were already clues that Palermo hitman Toni (pictured) would be given his first call-up for Wednesday’s friendly against Iceland, as Christian Vieri is out injured.

Flachi also pushes his way into the squad following an impressive campaign with Sampdoria, while Blasi is reaping the rewards for his summer switch to Juventus.

Many of the top Azzurri stars are out of action, including Antonio Cassano, Francesco Totti, Vieri, Mauro Camoranesi, Massimo Ambrosini, Cristiano Zanetti, Bernardo Corradi, Pippo Inzaghi and Fabio Cannavaro.

However, Lippi assured this week that Del Piero is most definitely part of his plans for this new era of the Italian national squad.

“Alex is an important player,” noted the former Juve boss. “A very important player, for his history with the Azzurri, the team in which he plays, the results he has earned and how he deals with public opinion. I am certain he will find his form again.”

This is the squad that will travel to Iceland for Wednesday’s game:

Gk: Abbiati (Milan), Buffon (Juventus)

D: Birindelli (Juventus), Diana (Sampdoria), Favalli (Inter), Legrottaglie (Juventus), Materazzi (Inter), Nesta (Milan), Oddo (Lazio), Zambrotta (Juventus)

M: Barone (Palermo), Blasi (Juventus), Fiore (Valencia), Gattuso (Milan), Perrotta (Roma), Volpi (Sampdoria)

F: Bazzani (Sampdoria), Di Vaio (Valencia), Flachi (Sampdoria), Miccoli (Juventus), Toni (Palermo)

channel4.com

Naja, die Einberufungen von Legrottaglie, Blasi, Birindelli, Di Vaio und Volpi kann ich nicht ganz verstehen, aber bitte.

meine Aufstellung:

Bazzani

Miccoli - Flachi - Fiore

Perrotta - Gattuso

Zambrotta - Materazzi - Nesta - Oddo

Buffon

Hoffentlich werden die Juventus Spieler nicht all zu lange eingesetzt.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Parma nel cuore!

Freut mich zwar für Blasi, aber ich verstehe absolut nicht wieso der plötzlich zu Team-Ehren kommt, genauso wie Barone. Anscheinend liegts wirklich am Verein, bei dem sie gespielt haben :nein:

Überrascht bin ich von der Nominierung von Volpi, was hat denn der da drin zu suchen?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

fino alla fine

Lippi asks to see Azzurri spirit Tuesday 17 August, 2004

Marcello Lippi has tried to instil a new team spirit into the Italy squad and insists the match with Iceland will not be friendly in nature.

“What I want to see from my players,” said the debutant boss, “is the willingness to put themselves out for their teammates. I want enthusiasm, bonding and everyone working together for a single objective. We are setting down the first bricks for our 2006 World Cup campaign.”

The Azzurri have been criticised in the past for taking friendly games too lightly, and there is the real risk of that with so many star names missing through injury or lack of form.

“This is not an experimental side,” he insisted. “I prefer to say this is the Italy squad of the moment. We are giving some experience to good players and those who are here should look upon it as the first of many appearances rather than a one-off.”

Luca Toni, Francesco Flachi and Manuele Blasi will make their Italy debuts, but all eyes will be on the Coach who enters the international scene after winning everything at Juventus.

“I expect a difficult debut, as Iceland are an enthusiastic side that are in better physical condition right now. But it’s not right to consider these aspects and we must try to do well and get a good result, which is always important.”

Lippi will sit on the bench vacated by Giovanni Trapattoni and he admits it is set to be a memorable moment for him.

“I am not particularly emotional right now,” he insisted. “I’d prefer to call myself enthusiastic. Perhaps tomorrow, when I hear those first notes of the national anthem, I’ll get a lump in my throat.”

“I’ve heard it three times in football, twice with the Under-23 side and once with the League national squad, and I can tell you it always stirs the blood.”

Probable line-ups:

Iceland: 2 Arason; 19 Sigursson, 15 Bjarnasson, 5 Hereidarsson; 7 Gudjonson, 3 Kristinsson, 8 B. Gunnarsson, 17 Einarsson, 14 I. Sigursson; 11 Gudjohnsen, 12 Helguson

(Subs: 1 Kristinsson, 4 Gretarsson, 6 H. Sigursson, 9 Vidarsson, 10 Marteinsson, 16 Ingimarsson, 18 V. Gunnarsson, 20 Thorvaldsson)

Italy: 1 Buffon; 2 Oddo, 5 Nesta, 6 Materazzi, 3 Zambrotta; 8 Gattuso, 4 Volpi, 10 Perrotta; 7 Fiore; 9 Bazzani, 11 Di Vaio

(Subs: 12 Abbiati, 13 Birindelli, 14 Favalli, 15 Legrottaglie, 16 Barone, 17 Blasi, 18 Diana, 19 Flachi, 20 Miccoli, 21 Toni)

Ref: Frojdfeldt (Swe)

channel4.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag