Di Canio zu Lazio

fino alla fine

Di Canio completes Lazio switch Tuesday 10 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paolo Di Canio is officially a Lazio player, fourteen years after leaving his hometown club.

“I couldn’t wait to come back here,” stated the 36-year-old as the free transfer was finally signed, sealed and delivered.

“To wear the Lazio jersey again is something truly special for a man who has always been a supporter of this team.”

Di Canio has never hidden his love for the Biancocelesti colours, even during a career that has taken him to Juventus, Napoli, Celtic, Sheffield Wednesday, West Ham and Charlton Athletic.

The Roman native also retained strong links and contacts with the Lazio faithful, who view him as their saviour after the club was forced to sell many of its top stars.

A presentation press conference will be held tomorrow morning.

channel4.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

mein neues Zuhause

anderen Artikel denn ich gerade teilweise im Rumours Thread gepostet hab:

DI CANIO LEAVES FOR LAZIO

Paolo di Canio has left Charlton Athletic to join Lazio on a free transfer, the Rome club has announced.

The veteran striker had been longing for a return to Lazio, the club with whom he began his career in 1985 before leaving for Juventus in 1990, and his wish has now been granted.

"SS Lazio announce that we have reached an agreement to sign Paolo di Canio on a free transfer from Charlton Athletic," read a statement on the club's official website, www.sslazio.it.

Di Canio has been signed to aid the development of Lazio's numerous young players, as well as to provide a reference point for the new, inexperienced coach Domenico Caso.

``I would not have settled for anything else,'' di Canio told the club's website shortly after his transfer was confirmed.

``To wear the blue-and-white shirt again is something really special.

``I have always been a true Lazio fan, even when my career has taken me a long way from Rome.''

Di Canio left West Ham in the summer of 2002 to join Charlton, and signed a new one-year deal with the south-east London club shortly before he became aware of Lazio's interest.

The 36-year-old, as gifted as he is unpredictable, quit Juventus for Napoli in 1993 and has also played for AC Milan, Celtic and Sheffield Wednesday.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag