Liverpools erster Neuzugang unter Benitez

Walk like an Egyptian

Josemi eager to repay Benitez faith

josemi_nf_e.jpg

Der erste Neuzugang unter dem neuen Coach Benitez - der 24jährige spanische Verteidiger José Miguel González Rey "Josemi" wird vom FC Malaga an die Anfield Road wechseln ! :v:

Malaga defender Josemi tonight claimed Rafael Benitez had returned to Spain to make him his first signing since becoming Liverpool manager.

Josemi played in Malaga's friendly against German side Nurnberg last night before negotiations were completed on a deal reported to be worth £2.8million.

The 24-year-old Josemi then left Malaga's pre-season training camp in Switzerland and flew back to Spain, where he described the move to Anfield as 'an offer I couldn't refuse'.

The tough defender, booked 10 times last season, is thought to have agreed a four-year deal and will jet out to the USA to join the Reds on their pre-season tour.

He said: 'I am really happy because this is an unbeatable opportunity. If I was ever going to leave Malaga, it was for something like this.

'Now everybody has to be happy, because it's proud moment for everybody connected with me.

'It was an offer I couldn't refuse. Yesterday I was speaking to Benitez, he has put his faith in me and I will work to make sure things turn out well.'

Josemi, who is able to play at right-back and in the centre of defence, began his career at home-town club Torremolinos before moving along the coast to Malaga as a teenager.

He has since moved through the ranks at La Rosaleda and is now considered a future Spain international.

Josemi had been linked with moves to Real Betis and Atletico Madrid, but after being linked with Malaga's Miguel Angel, Alexis, Juan Calatayud and Josemi, Benitez stepped in to sign the latter.

'I wasn't expecting the move,' admitted Josemi, who could slot in alongside Sami Hyypia at the heart of Liverpool's defence after Benitez warned Barcelona off the Finnish international.

'But this has all happened in two days and everything has worked out in an instant. For me, it's what I've always dreamed about and now I have the chance to play in a big team, I have to take advantage of it.

'I still haven't taken it in and when I get there I will try to adapt bit by bit. I have to adapt well and be patient.'

The move may also see Malaga given the opportunity to land Anfield misfit El Hadji Diouf.

The Senegal international has flopped since his £10m move to Merseyside and former boss Gerard Houllier has labelled him as the biggest disappointment of his reign.

Diouf has not been handed a squad number by Benitez and the Reds flew out to America on tour without the African forward.

Malaga boss Gregorio Manzano is, nevertheless, an admirer of the former Lens man and he may be allowed to take him on loan for the season - with a view to a permanent switch.

The sale of Josemi to Liverpool may yet help Malaga broker a deal for Diouf, but the player is thought to be holding out for a move to Portsmouth instead.

:support: Langsam wurde es mit einer Neuverpflichtung für die Innenverteidigung Zeit, aber Gut Ding braucht Weile und der junge spanische Verteidiger dürfte sehr vielversprechend sein - er machte in der abgelaufenen Saison 37 Spiele für den spanischen Erstdivisionär FC Malága und soll beim FC Liverpool mit Sami Hyppiä die neue Innenverteidigung bilden - bin schon sehr gespannt auf ihn !!! :ears:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag