Helveg zu Norwich

Im ASB-Olymp

Helveg joins Norwich

Norwich have signed Denmark defender Thomas Helveg on a free transfer.

The 33-year-old, who can also play in midfield, has signed a two-year contract with the Premiership newcomers after leaving Inter Milan.

"After my 10 years in Italy it was nice to have the opportunity to come to England. I have chosen the right team, it has a great atmosphere," he said.

"It felt like I was coming home. I hope I can repay the faith the manager has shown in me," he told the club website.

Helveg added: "I feel sure we will succeed together. It's going to be a great challenge for me and the rest of the squad to play the best teams in England."

Canaries boss Nigel Worthington added: "It shows the gradual progress of the club in being able to attract such a player to Carrow Road.

"To have that level of knowledge and experience at the club is a great boost to us all."

Helveg played every game for Denmark at Euro 2004 as they reached the quarter-finals of the competition, and was in excellent form for his country.

He started his career at his hometown club Odense and has spent most of his career in Italy with Udinese and Inter.

news.bbc.co.uk

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag