Beckham will bei Real bleiben

Im ASB-Olymp

Beckham camp insist he is staying

Sunday, 02 May 2004

David Beckham and his personal assistant have both insisted that he wants to remain with Real Madrid - despite increasing speculation about his future.

Arsenal have now emerged as possible bidders for the England captain's signature after Arsene Wenger confirmed his interest following their draw with Birmingham City on Saturday.

Chelsea have always been linked, and with Manchester United unlikely to offer Beckham a return to Old Trafford, it seems that the Real star has two English options should he decide to move back to The Premiership.

However, Beckham has insisted that he is happy in the Spanish capital and he has no plans to return.

"I love my football in Madrid and want to stay," Beckham is quoted as saying in The Mail on Sunday.

"I want to win something with Real.

"We haven't spoken to Chelsea or been told by Real that I'm for sale.''

His personal assistant Terry Byrne reiterated the thoughts of his boss and stated that as far as their camp was concerned - he was staying.

"Unless Real want to sell him, he's staying," said Byrne.

"The truth is, we don't know where the stories about him leaving are coming from, but it's not from us.

"Real told me they don't want to sell him.

"The situation remains the same because we always said we would review the situation after two years and he hasn't even finished his first season. He's happy in Madrid and he's staying.

"Obviously we have talked about what would happen if he came home and there are only a few clubs he could go to.

"We will sit down with Real at the end of the season and discuss his future, but the bottom line is that David loves playing for Real Madrid.''

Real's director of sport Jorge Valdano spoke with Beckham earlier this week about his future and he also insisted that nothing was in the offing.

"Nothing has changed. I have spoken to him and he is calm," Valdano said.

"Real Madrid prefer to distance themselves from all this talk.

'It is this time of the year where there are more rumours than real stories.

"The fact remains that Beckham has signed a five-year contract with us and there is a buy-out clause in it [£126m] that anybody interested in signing Beckham must pay."

skysports.planetfootball.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Top-Schriftsteller

also ich würde es sehr begrüßen, wenn becks seinen vertrag bei real erfüllt! denke auch, dass er nicht wechseln wird, weil bis jetzt hat er ja mit real noch nichts erreicht. das hat er sich für das nächste jahr aufgehoben :D

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Im ASB-Olymp
also ich würde es sehr begrüßen, wenn becks seinen vertrag bei real erfüllt! denke auch, dass er nicht wechseln wird, weil bis jetzt hat er ja mit real noch nichts erreicht. das hat er sich für das nächste jahr aufgehoben :D

Naja, mal schauen wie Real sich am Transfermarkt verhält, weil wenn wieder kein Verteidiger geholt wird und wieder nur in der Offensive aufgerüstet wird, wird das wieder nichts.

Übrigens jetzt kann man wohl wirklich sagen, dass Beckham wohl ein Flopeinkauf war, hat Real überhaupt nicht weitergebracht(mal vom Merchandising und internationaler Medienpräsenz abgesehen), man wäre heute besser dran, wenn man Makeleles Gehalt erhöht und ihn so zum Bleiben bewegt hätte.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 3 weeks later...